Monday, April 5, 2010

Yummy and Easy Veggie Recipe!

Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Butternut Squash

I tried this today for the first time-super easy and really good!

Chop up fresh, cleaned brussel sprouts

Peel and chop a butternut squash into one inch sized cubes

Toss with a couple tbs of olive oil, add some salt and pepper

Roast at 425 degrees for about 10 to 15 mins-take out and toss, then roast about 10 more mins.

Make sure everything is spread out on the pan, don't crowd the veggies or they will steam more than roast.
Do two pans if need be.

My baby girl loved the butternut squash. My little boy took his "no thank you" bites without complaints! LOL
I just ate this as is, but I bet it'd be great tossed with peanuts and soy sauce (or a pad thai sauce) for an asian flair,
or you can add toasted walnuts and serve roasted chicken along side for a big dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment