Monday, April 19, 2010

Summer Reading

Ok, so I haven't had a whole lotta time for reading lately. Magazines are about all I can muster the time for, and usually while trying to fall asleep. But there are so many good books out and I have decided to start a wish list for myself. I have a girl's trip lined up for June and I am ready to READ! LOL! Can you believe that? No, not ready to party. Ready to lay on a beach, not have someone screaming for me, and READ a whole damn book. Or ten.




So, I love the Twilight Series. If you have not read these little gems, please do. They aren't just for teen girls. They are written by a woman, who is genius at creating words that help bring a book into vivid color.  The characters have depth, heart and there isn't a whole lot of what you'd expect out of a vampire novel series. Surprise yourself and read them-you will like them despite your judgments.  It focuses on love and relationships and tough choices we all have to make.








She has a short novella out now about one of the characters-it's on my summer reading list for sure.  But order the Twilight series, read it and thank me later for telling you to. LOL!


Another read for my wish list is "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I heard one gal say she didn't want the book to end. Enough said! 




I also want to read the Stieg Larsson trilogy which includes "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".





I'm curious about what else is on everyone's list to read, or maybe what you are currently reading. Looking to have a giant stack of books, or a loaded Kindle, for my trip this summer!

1 comment:

  1. My mom loved The Help and my sister in law read Girl with The Dragon Tattoo...Swedish novel. I just read Loving Frank and now am supposed to read the PostMistress. My favorite book, it's totally enchanting and a great beach read is Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.

    ReplyDelete